Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Morning Maggie

Maggie is doing great in Kindergarten and loved every second of it - however, getting her out of bed in the mornings is a nightmare.  She takes forever to wake up.  I start waking her at 6:45 and she won't even open one eye until at least 7:05.  Then she is grumpy.  And cries.  And her uniform doesn't fit right.  And her socks are wrong.  And she didn't want her hair like that.  Etc.  Finally it's 10 minutes before we have to leave and comes downstairs.  And then - she is a new kid.  Happy, grabs her breakfast, her lunch, her backpack and is ready to go.  I hate it because she takes up ALL of my time in the mornings and I can't help anyone else.  The big girls all get their own breakfast and even Amelia's breakfast, while I am trying to rouse Maggie up.  Sigh.  It is exhausting.  And if one of the other girls need me, then it all breaks loose and we are running late.  I keep hoping that as time goes on, she will do better.  That is what I am hanging on to! (This is her on the way home from school - she is exhausted!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment